- The CPE course aims at preparing candidates for the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English examination.
- The course programme focuses on further development of language skills and offers intensive practice in all types of examination tasks.
- It requires a considerable amount of self-study from the participants.
- To study at this level candidates need to have passed one of the following:
- A preCPE final achievement test with grades A or B
- The CAE examination
- A placement test with grades that prove a very good command of English.
- The CPE examination correspondents to the ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) level five. Successful candidates receive the highest possible certificate of English language ability.
- A mock exam is given late in the second semester.
duration of the course: 180 teaching hours 'lessons' (two semesters)
To complete successfully your course at this level you need grade A, B or C for mock exam and/or live Cambridge English Language Assessment exam and you must attend at least 70% of the meetings in the academic year.